If you have a citation for an article from a list of sources or from a database that didn’t provide the full text (PDF or HTML version), follow these steps to locate the text of the article.
1. Make sure you have the following information:
- Title of the magazine, journal or newspaper in which the article appears
- Title of the article
- Volume, issue number and/or the date of the issue in which the article appears
- Page numbers for the article
2. From any Renfro Library Webpage:
- Go to the “Home” menu on the navigation bar and click on “Journal Locator”
- Search for the name of the magazine, journal or newspaper.
- If the title is listed, look to see if the date that you need is included in our coverage dates.
- If we do have the issue you need, you can access it as follows depending on the format:
- ELECTRONIC – Click on the link provided, then select the year, issue and article
- MHU PERIODICALS – Ask for help at the Research Assistance Desk
3. If the article is not available:
Ask a librarian to help you locate similar information in another source, or request the material from another library via interlibrary loan.