|Local Patrons, (More info)
Retired MHU Employees, (More info)
Families of Current Employees (More info)
|Loan period for books:
|Loan period for DVDs, CDs & LPs:
|Number of items that may be
checked out at one time:
|Possible renewals per item:
|$0.25 per item per day
|Cost to print/photocopy:
|$0.10 per page
*At the end of each semester, all materials must be returned by the Last Day of Classes, regardless of the original due date.
**There are no overdue fees for current MHU students, faculty & staff. However, if an item is overdue for longer than 3 weeks, replacement costs and a non-refundable $10 processing fee will be billed to the patron’s account, and the patron will lose library privileges until the material is returned or charges paid.
Checking out materials
You must present a current MHU I.D. card for any circulation transaction.
- Books and DVDs/CDs/LPs must be checked out before they are removed from the building.
- Equipment (e.g., laptops, headphones, study carrel keys) may not be taken out of the building, not even to Mindspace.
- Reference books and Special Collections books may not be taken out of the building, but do not require checkout.
Renewing borrowed items for longer
You will receive email notice from our Circulation system shortly before each item you have checked out is due back to the library.
Books which are not overdue can be renewed through one of several methods:
- You can ask for renewals in person at the Circulation desk, with or without the item in hand.
- You can renew your items online by going to MHU Catalog, then clicking on “Your Library Account” in the upper right corner.
- You can renew items over the phone; call (828) 689-1518.
Once an item is overdue, you may only renew it by bringing the item with you to the Circulation desk.
Books can be renewed up to two times if your account is in good standing.
Placing a hold on desired items
You can request a hold on any item that is currently checked out to another patron by using the Request feature in the MHU Catalog.
- Click on the “Request” link at the top of the screen above the item information.
- Enter your name and MHU ID #.
- Please also enter a date to cancel the hold (the date at which you will no longer want the item).
- Once completed, click “Submit”.
When an item is returned that has a hold on it, you will be notified automatically by email from our circulation system. The item will be held on the hold shelf behind the Circulation desk for 3 days after the notice is emailed to you. Please come pick it up at the Circulation desk within 3 days.
Returning borrowed items
- You may return items at the Circulation desk (during Business Hours).
- You may also place items in the Book Drop (always available 24/7) next to the front entrance of the library.
Renfro Library produces overdue notices several times a week. You will receive notices from our Circulation system at your MHU email account.
Notices are a courtesy; failure to receive one does not excuse penalties associated with library materials.
If you have overdue items, your borrowing privileges are suspended until the items are returned. This applies to all borrowed items, including books, interlibrary loans, reserves, laptops, study carrels, headphones, etc.
If, after 3 weekly email reminders are sent about an item, you do not renew or return the item, you will be billed for replacement costs and a non-refundable $10 processing fee. Borrowing privileges will be restored once the fines and replacement costs are paid.
If an item is returned and noticeably damaged, there will be a cost for repair or replacement. The cost will vary depending on the severity of the damage. The cost for minor damage will be a $10 processing fee. The cost for severe damage will be the replacement cost of the item.
All library patron records are protected by law and are strictly confidential. Renfro Library will never share information about your borrowing activity. To view North Carolina library law, click here.
Renfro Library, as part of its mission to serve the local community, allows patrons not affiliated with Mars Hill University to obtain a Local Patron Card. A local patron must: (1) be a resident of Madison, Haywood, Buncombe, or Yancey County; (2) be at least 18 years old; (3) not be a student, employee, or employee family member; (4) have a current NC drivers license.
A Local Patron Card:
- Costs $10.00 a year
- Will be mailed to the patron’s current address before the first check out
- Does not allow books to be renewed over the phone
- Does not allow off-campus access to electronic resources or to Interlibrary loan services. These services may be available through your public library.
- Allows for log-on to a library computer for up to 2 hours/day, at discretion of library staff
- Lists patrons who are able to use the card (e.g., family members)
Retired Faculty/Staff, and Families of Current MHU Employees
- Family members must live in the same household as the Current MHU Employee to share their borrowing privileges
- May have a MHU Guest ID (inquire in person in the library) or a Local Patron card
- May not renew items over the phone
- May use a library computer for up to 2 hours/day, at discretion of library staff