Business and AIM
- Charged : the new movement to transform American prosecution and end mass incarceration / Emily Bazelon.
- Good kids, bad city : a story of race and wrongful conviction in America / Kyle Swenson.
- The secret world : a history of intelligence / Christopher Andrew.
- Suspect citizens : what 20 million traffic stops tell us about policing and race / Frank R. Baumgartner, Derek A. Epp, Kelsey Shoub.
- Building on resilience : models and frameworks of Black male success across the P-20 pipeline / edited by Fred A. Bonner II ; foreword by Tim King ; afterword by Robert T. Palmer.
- Diverse millennial students in college : implications for faculty and student affairs / edited by Fred A. Bonner II, Aretha F. Marbley, and Mary F. Howard-Hamilton.
- The new education : how to revolutionize the university to prepare students for a world in flux / Cathy N. Davidson.
- Born to run / Bruce Springsteen.
- Key modern architects : 50 short histories of modern architecture / Andrew Higgott.
- Mo’ meta blues : the world according to Questlove / by Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson and Ben Greenman.
Health, Human Performance and Recreation
- Youth sports in America : the most important issues in youth sports today / Skye G. Arthur-Banning, editor ; P. Brian Greenwood and Mary Sara Wells, associate editors.
- Civil rights music : the soundtracks of the civil rights movement / Reiland Rabaka.
- The dictator next door : the good neighbor policy and the Trujillo regime in the Dominican Republic, 1930-1945 / Eric Paul Roorda.
- El Norte : the epic and forgotten story of Hispanic North America / Carrie Gibson.
- The heartbeat of Wounded Knee : native America from 1890 to the present / David Treuer.
- The Popol Vuh : a new English version / translated from the K’iche’ by Michael Bazzett.
- Upon the altar of the nation : a moral history of the American Civil War / Harry S. Stout.
- Why the cocks fight : Dominicans, Haitians, and the struggle for Hispaniola / Michele Wucker.
Language and Literature
- Complete poems / Herman Melville ; Hershel Parker, editor ; [notes, Robert A. Sandberg].
- Conversations with Dorothy Allison / edited by Mae Miller Claxton.
- Cormac McCarthy’s violent destinies : the poetics of determinism and fatalism / edited by Brad Bannon and John Vanderheide.
- The dark fantastic : race and the imagination from Harry Potter to The hunger games / Ebony Elizabeth Thomas.
- Dialogues across diasporas : women writers, scholars, and activists of Africana and Latina descent in conversation / edited by Marion Rohrleitner and Sarah E. Ryan.
- Interviews from the edge : 50 years of conversations about writing and resistance / edited by Mark Yakich and John Biguenet.
- Olives : poems / A.E. Stallings.
- Reimagining the Middle Passage : Black resistance in literature, television, and song / Tara T. Green.
- She had some horses / Joy Harjo.
- White flights : race, fiction, and the American imagination / Jess Row.
- Wordslut : a feminist guide to taking back the English language / Amanda Montell.
Math and Natural Sciences
- Horizon / Barry Lopez.
- Manual for survival : a Chernobyl guide to the future / Kate Brown.
- Mechanisms underlying the relationship between biodiversity and ecosystem function / editor, Nico Eisenhauer.
- Never home alone : from microbes to millipedes, camel crickets, and honeybees, the natural history of where we live / Rob Dunn.
- Stream fish community dynamics : a critical synthesis / William J. Matthews, Edie Marsh-Matthews.
- Turtles as hopeful monsters : origins and evolution / Olivier Rieppel.
- Voices from the gathering storm : the web of ecological-societal crisis / Joseph C. Arcos, Mary F. Argus, Frederick J. DiCarlo, editors.
- A girl stands at the door : the generation of young women who desegregated America’s schools / Rachel Devlin.
- Self-portrait in black and white : unlearning race / Thomas Chatterton Williams.
- The Stonewall reader / The New York Public Library ; foreword by Edmund White ; edited with an introduction by Jason Baumann.
- The Stonewall Riots : a documentary history / Marc Stein.
- Synesthesia / Richard E. Cytowic, M.D., M.F.A.
- Upheaval : turning points for nations in crisis / Jared Diamond.
- The Women’s Liberation Movement : impacts and outcomes / edited by Kristina Schulz.
- About us : essays from the disability series of the New York times / edited and introduced by Peter Catapano and Rosemarie Garland-Thomson ; foreword by Andrew Solomon.
- Crossing on time : steam engines, fast ships, and a journey to the New World / David Macaulay.
- Dear Martin / Nic Stone.
- I am not your perfect Mexican daughter / Erika L. Sánchez.
- The secret garden ; A little princess ; Little lord Fauntleroy / Frances Hodgson Burnett ; edited by Gretchen Holbrook Gerzina.
- Sulwe / written by Lupita Nyong’o ; illustrated by Vashti Harrison.
- Yard sale / Eve Bunting ; illustrated by Lauren Castillo.
- All that man is / David Szalay.
- Atonement : a novel / Ian McEwan.
- The best American short stories 2019 / selected from U.S. and Canadian magazines by Anthony Doerr with Heidi Pitlor ; with an introduction by Anthony Doerr.
- Birds without wings / Louis de Bernières.
- The Corrections / Jonathan Franzen.
- Gold boy, emerald girl : stories / Yiyun Li.
- Harvest / Jim Crace.
- Look at me : a novel / Jennifer Egan.
- Minutes of glory : and other stories / Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o.
- Servants of the map : stories / Andrea Barrett.
- The southern woman : selected fiction / Elizabeth Spencer.
- Then we came to the end : a novel / Joshua Ferris.
- Trash : stories / by Dorothy Allison.