- Law enforcement in the age of Black Lives Matter : policing black and brown bodies / edited by Sandra E. Weissinger and Dwayne A. Mack.
- The Oxford handbook of prisons and imprisonment / edited by John Wooldredge, Paula Smith.
- Is everyone really equal? : an introduction to key concepts in social justice education / Özlem Sensoy and Robin DiAngelo.
- Raising and educating a deaf child : a comprehensive guide to the choices, controversies, and decisions faced by parents and educators / Marc Marschark.
- Teach like Finland : 33 simple strategies for joyful classrooms / Timothy D. Walker ; foreword by Pasi Sahlberg.
- Black out : silhouettes then and now / Asma Naeem ; with contributions by Penley Knipe, Alexander Nemerov, Gwendolyn DuBois Shaw, and Anne Verplanck.
- Chalk : the art and erasure of Cy Twombly / Joshua Rivkin.
- A global history of architecture / Francis D.K. Ching, Mark Jarzombek, Vikramaditya Prakash.
- Makers of modern architecture, 3 volumes / Martin Filler.
Health, Human Performance and Recreation
- College athletes’ rights and well-being : critical perspectives on policy and practice / edited by Eddie Comeaux.
- Good sport : why our games matter — and how doping undermines them / Thomas H. Murray.
- Mindful sport performance enhancement : mental training for athletes and coaches / Keith A. Kaufman, Carol R. Glass, Timothy R. Pineau.
- National pastime : U.S. history through baseball / Martin C. Babicz and Thomas W. Zeiler.
- 21 lessons for the 21st century / Yuval Noah Harari.
- A history of America in ten strikes / Erik Loomis.
- A world to win : the life and works of Karl Marx / Sven-Eric Liedman ; translated by Jeffrey N. Skinner.
- Anne Frank’s diary : the graphic adaptation / Anne Frank ; adapted by Ari Folman ; illustrations by David Polonsky.
- Coup : the day the Democrats ousted their governor, put Republican Lamar Alexander in office early, and stopped a pardon scandal / Keel Hunt ; with a newly discovered account of the events by Lamar Alexander.
- The dead march : a history of the Mexican-American War / Peter Guardino.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt : a political life / Robert Dallek.
- The history of modern Spain : chronologies, themes, individuals / edited by Adrian Shubert and José Álvarez Junco.
- Iran : a modern history / Abbas Amanat.
- The mistaken history of the Korean War : what we got wrong then and now / Paul M. Edwards.
- Political culture in Spanish America, 1500-1830 / Jaime E. Rodríguez O.
- The presidency of Ulysses S. Grant / Charles W. Calhoun.
- Stonehenge : the story of a sacred landscape / Francis Pryor.
- These truths : a history of the United States / Jill Lepore.
- Vietnam : an epic tragedy, 1945-1975 / Max Hastings.
- Voices from Mariel : oral histories of the 1980 Cuban boatlift / José Manuel García.
Language and Literature
- After Ireland : writing the nation from Beckett to the present / Declan Kiberd.
- The Cambridge companion to Latin American poetry / edited by Stephen Malcolm Hart, University College, London.
- The Iron Mountain review : Karen Salyer McElmurray issue.
- The life of Mark Twain : the early years, 1835-1871 / Gary Scharnhorst.
- The life of Saul Bellow : love and strife, 1965-2005 / Zachary Leader.
- Migrating fictions : gender, race, and citizenship in U.S. internal displacements / Abigail G.H. Manzella.
- Mr. Lear : a life of art and nonsense / Jenny Uglow.
- North Carolina literary review : NCLR, 2019. Featuring North Carolina African American literature.
Math and Natural Sciences
- Essential fish biology : diversity, structure and function / Derek Burton, Margaret Burton.
- Resilience in complex socio-ecological systems / edited by David A. Bohan, Alex J. Dumbrell.
- The tangled tree : a radical new history of life / David Quammen.
- Veer ecology : a companion for environmental thinking / Jeffrey Jerome Cohen and Lowell Duckert, editors ; foreword by Cheryll Glotfelty ; afterword by Nicholas Royle.
- Writing undergraduate lab reports : a guide for students / Christopher S. Lobban, University of Guam, Maria Schefter, University of Guam.
- The Oxford handbook of stigma, discrimination, and health / edited by Brenda Major, John F. Dovidio, Bruce G. Link.
- Pale rider : the Spanish Flu of 1918 and how it changed the world / Laura Spinney.
- Specimen science : ethics and policy implications / edited by Holly Fernandez Lynch, Barbara E. Bierer, I. Glenn Cohen, and Suzanne M. Rivera.
Religion and Philosophy
- 1517 : Martin Luther and the invention of the Reformation / Peter Marshall.
- Islam, an American religion / Nadia Marzouki ; translated by C. Jon Delogu.
- Algorithms of oppression : how search engines reinforce racism / Safiya Umoja Noble.
- Appalachia in regional context : place matters / edited by Dwight B. Billings and Ann E. Kingsolver.
- The first twenty-five : an oral history of the desegregation of Little Rock’s public junior high schools / edited by Laverne Bell-Tolliver.
- How to change your mind : what the new science of psychedelics teaches us about consciousness, dying, addiction, depression, and transcendence / Michael Pollan.
- Hurt : chronicles of the drug war generation / Miriam Boeri.
- Mexican-origin foods, foodways, and social movements : decolonial perspectives / edited by Devon G. Peña, Luz Calvo, Pancho McFarland, and Gabriel R. Valle.
- Political handbook of the world, 2018-2019, 2 volumes / edited by Tom Lansford ; associate editors Jorge Brown, John Callahan, David Harms Holt, Wayne F. Lesperance Jr., Robert J. Pauly Jr.
- Watermelons, nooses, and straight razors : stories from the Jim Crow Museum / David Pilgrim.
- The art of life and death : radical aesthetics and ethnographic practice / Andrew Irving.
- Physician-assisted death : what everyone needs to know / L.W. Sumner.
- The night diary / Veera Hiranandani.
- Poison in the colony : James Town 1622 / Elisa Carbone.
- Shout : a poetry memoir / by Laurie Halse Anderson.
- At the end of the century / the stories of Ruth Prawer Jhabvala ; with an introduction by Anita Desai.
- Booth Tarkington : novels & stories / Booth Tarkington ; Thomas Mallon, editor.
- Forgetfulness / Ward Just.
- The fortress of solitude : a novel / Jonathan Lethem.
- Fortune smiles : stories / Adam Johnson.
- The great believers / Rebecca Makkai.
- Selected stories / Shirley Ann Grau ; with a foreword by Robert Phillips.
- Songs without words / Ann Packer.
- The stories of Mary Gordon / Mary Gordon.
- Supermarket / written and directed by Bobby Hall.
- The woman upstairs : a novel / Claire Messud.