January/February 2020 New Books
Business and AIM
- Solitary : unbroken by four decades in solitary confinement. My story of transformation and hope / Albert Woodfox ; with Leslie George.
- Songs of America : patriotism, protest, and the music that made a nation / Jon Meacham & Tim McGraw.
Health, Human Performance and Recreation
- American Prometheus : the triumph and tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer / by Kai Bird and Martin J. Sherwin.
- You’ve got to tell them : a French girl’s experience of Auschwitz and after / Ida Grinspan and Bertrand Poirot-Delpech ; translated by Charles B. Potter.
Language and Literature
- The changing light at Sandover : with the stage adaptation Voices from Sandover / James Merrill ; edited by J.D. McClatchy and Stephen Yenser.
- Pushcart prize XLIV, 2020 : best of the small presses / edited by Bill Henderson with the Pushcart Prize editors.
Math and Natural Sciences
- The fight against doubt : how to bridge the gap between scientists and the public / Inmaculada de Melo-Martín and Kristen Intemann.
- The great animal orchestra : finding the origins of music in the world’s wild places / Bernie Krause.
- A seat at the table : congresswomen’s perspectives on why their presence matters / Kelly Dittmar, Kira Sanbonmatsu, and Susan J. Carroll.
- Biased : uncovering the hidden prejudice that shapes what we see, think, and do / Jennifer L. Eberhardt, PhD.
- The consciousness instinct : unraveling the mystery of how the brain makes the mind / Michael S. Gazzaniga.
- The harvest of American racism : the political meaning of violence in the summer of 1967 / edited by Robert Shellow ; with a foreword by Michael C. Dawson.
- The social foundations of emotion : developmental, cultural, and clinical dimensions / Stefan G. Hofmann and Stacey N. Doan.
- Jackrabbit McCabe & the electric telegraph / written by Lucy Margaret Rozier and illustrated by Leo Espinosa.
- The Crazy iris and other stories of the atomic aftermath / edited and with an introduction by Kenzaburō Ōe.