May/June/July 2018 New Books
Business and AIM
- The excellence dividend : meeting the tech tide with work that wows and jobs that last / Tom Peters.
- The craft of research, 4th edition / Wayne C. Booth, Gregory G. Colomb, Joseph M. Williams, Joseph Bizup, William T. FitzGerald.
- Critical issues in school-based mental health : evidence-based research, practice, and interventions / edited by Melissa K. Holt and Amie E. Grills.
- When critical multiculturalism meets mathematics : a mixed methods study of professional development and teacher identity / Patricia L. Marshall, Jessica T. DeCuir-Gunby & Allison W. McCulloch.
- Beat drama : playwrights and performances of the ‘Howl’ generation / edited by Deborah R. Geis ; series editors, Enoch Brater and Mark Taylor-Batty.
- Irving Penn : centennial / Maria Morris Hambourg, Jeff L. Rosenheim ; with contributions by Alexandra Dennett [and four others].
- Above the shots : an oral history of the Kent State shootings / Craig S. Simpson and Gregory S. Wilson.
- Annals of Native America : how the Nahuas of colonial Mexico kept their history alive / Camilla Townsend.
- The Black Panthers : portraits from an unfinished revolution / edited by Bryan Shih and Yohuru Williams.
- Christianity, social justice, and the Japanese American incarceration during World War II / Anne M. Blankenship.
- Defenseless under the night : the Roosevelt years and the origins of Homeland Security / Matthew Dallek.
- The personal memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant : the complete annotated edition / edited by John F. Marszalek with David S. Nolen & Louie P. Gallo.
- The unwomanly face of war : an oral history of women in World War II / Svetlana Alexievich ; translated by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky.
Language and Literature
- A listening wind : Native literature from the Southeast / edited and with an introduction by Marcia Haag.
- Alice Munro : Hateship, friendship, courtship, loveship, marriage, Runaway, Dear life / edited by Robert Thacker.
- Only the road = Solo el camino : eight decades of Cuban poetry / edited and translated by Margaret Randall.
- Rough South, rural South : region and class in recent southern literature / edited by Jean W. Cash and Keith Perry.
Math and Natural Sciences
- The big ones : how natural disasters have shaped us (and what we can do about them) / Dr. Lucy Jones.
- The drone debate : a primer on the U.S. use of unmanned aircraft outside conventional battlefields / Avery Plaw, Matthew S. Fricker, and Carlos R. Colon.
- Hidden figures : the American dream and the untold story of the Black women mathematicians who helped win the space race / Margot Lee Shetterly.
- Next generation biomonitoring. Part 1 / edited by David Bohan, Alex J. Dumbrell, Guy Woodward, Michelle Jackson.
- Where science and ethics meet : dilemmas at the frontiers of medicine and biology / Chris Willmott and Salvador Macip.
P.E. and Recreation
- The final season : the perseverance of Pat Summitt / Maria M. Cornelius ; foreword by Candace Parker.
Religion and Philosophy
- Southern religion and Christian diversity in the twentieth century / Wayne Flynt ; foreword by Charles A. Israel and John M. Giggie.
- Ask : building consent culture / Kitty Stryker ; foreword by Laurie Penny ; afterword by Carol Queen.
- How we get free : black feminism and the Combahee River Collective / edited and introduced by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor.
- Investigating the president : congressional checks on presidential power / Douglas L. Kriner and Eric Schickler.
- Opening up by writing it down : how expressive writing improves health and eases emotional pain / James W. Pennebaker, PhD, Joshua M. Smyth, PhD.
- Race on the brain : what implicit bias gets wrong about the struggle for racial justice / Jonathan Kahn.
- We will always be here : native peoples on living and thriving in the South / edited by Denise E. Bates ; John David Smith, series editor.
- Port William novels & stories : the Civil War to World War II / Wendell Berry ; Jack Shoemaker, editor.