September 2016 New Books
Business and AIM
- The index card : why personal finance doesn’t have to be complicated / Helaine Olen and Harold Pollack.
- Manufacturing processes for textile and fashion design professionals / Rob Thompson ; photographs by Martin Thompson.
- The soft edge : where great companies find lasting success / Rich Karlgaard ; foreword by Tom Peters.
- Pulled over : how police stops define race and citizenship / Charles R. Epp, Steven Maynard-Moody, & Donald Haider-Markel.
- Andy Warhol : the complete commissioned record covers, 1949-1987 : catalogue raisonné / Paul Maréchal.
- BBC Radio 6 Music’s alternative jukebox : 500 extraordinary tracks that tell the story of alternative music / writer, Lloyd Bradley.
- The Routledge introduction to theatre and performance studies / Erika Fischer-Lichte ; edited by Minou Arjomand and Ramona Mosse ; translated by Minou Arjomand.
- This is all a dream we dreamed : an oral history of the Grateful Dead / Blair Jackson and David Gans.
- Ancient Persia : a concise history of the Achaemenid Empire, 550-330 BCE / Matt Waters, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
- Diary of the dark years, 1940-1944 : collaboration, resistance, and daily life in occupied Paris / Jean Guéhenno ; translated and annotated by David Ball.
- The Dominican Republic reader : history, culture, politics / Eric Paul Roorda, Lauren Derby, and Raymundo González, editors.
Language and Literature
- Writing well for business success : a complete guide to style, grammar, and usage at work / Sandra E. Lamb.
Math and Natural Sciences
- Micro shelters : 59 creative cabins, tiny houses, tree houses, and other small structures / Derek “Deek” Diedricksen.
- Practical permaculture for home landscapes, your community, and the whole earth / Jessi Bloom & Dave Boehnlein ; with illustrations by Paul Kearsley.
- The rise of critical animal studies : from the margins to the centre / edited by Nik Taylor and Richard Twine.
- Ingredients : a visual exploration of 75 additives & 25 food products / Dwight Eschliman ; text by Steve Ettlinger.
- Rural public health : best practices and preventive models / Jacob C. Warren, PhD, K. Bryant Smalley, PhD, PsyD, editors.
Religion and Philosophy
- The tolerance trap : how God, genes, and good intentions are sabotaging gay equality / Suzanna Danuta Walters.
- When boys become boys : development, relationships, and masculinity / Judy Y. Chu ; with a foreword by Carol Gilligan.
- The common lot and other stories : the published short fiction, 1908-1921 / Emma Bell Miles ; edited by Grace Toney Edwards.