May/June 2017 New Books
Business and AIM
- The smartest places on earth : why rustbelts are the emerging hotspots of global innovation / Antoine van Agtmael and Fred Bakker.
- Keepers of the Morning Star : an anthology of native women’s theater / edited by Jaye T. Darby and Stephanie Fitzgerald.
P.E. and Recreation.
- Psychology of physical activity : determinants, well-being and interventions / Stuart J.H. Biddle, Professor Nanette Mutrie and Trish Gorely.
- A superpower transformed : the remaking of American foreign relations in the 1970s / Daniel J. Sargent.
- The Columbia companion to American history on film : how the movies have portrayed the American past / edited by Peter C. Rollins.
- The southern exodus to Mexico : migration across the borderlands after the American Civil War / Todd W. Wahlstrom.
- Struggle for the soul of the postwar South : white evangelical Protestants and Operation Dixie / Elizabeth A. Fones-Wolf and Ken Fones-Wolf.
Language and Literature
- Collected writings : Two serious ladies, In the summer house, stories & other writings, letters / Jane Bowles ; Millicent Dillon, editor.
- Pushcart prize XLI, 2017 : best of the small presses / edited by Bill Henderson ; with the Pushcart prize editors.
Math and Natural Sciences
- Networks of invasion : a synthesis of concepts / edited by David A. Bohan, Alex J. Dumbrell, François Massol.
- Networks of invasion : empirical evidence and case studies / edited by David A. Bohan, Alex J. Dumbrell, François Massol.
- Professor Povey’s perplexing problems : pre-university physics and maths puzzles with solutions / Thomas Povey.
- Dying in the twenty-first century : toward a new ethical framework for the art of dying well / edited by Lydia S. Dugdale, MD.
- Ordinary medicine : extraordinary treatments, longer lives, and where to draw the line / Sharon R. Kaufman.
Religion and Philosophy
- At the existentialist café : freedom, being, and apricot cocktails with Jean-Paul Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir, Albert Camus, Martin Heidegger, Karl Jaspers, Edmund Husserl, Maurice Merleau-Ponty and others / Sarah Bakewell.
- Beneath the surface of white supremacy : denaturalizing U.S. racisms past and present / Moon-Kie Jung.
- Black America in the shadow of the sixties : notes on the civil rights movement, neoliberalism, and politics / Clarence Lang.
- We were feminists once : from Riot Grrrl to CoverGirl®, the buying and selling of a political movement / Andi Zeisler.
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans health inequalities : international perspectives in social work / edited by Julie Fish and Kate Karban.
- Social workers’ desk reference / Kevin Corcoran, Editor-in-Chief, Albert R. Roberts, Founding Editor-in-Chief.
- The extraordinary journey of the fakir who got trapped in an IKEA wardrobe / Romain Puértolas ; translated from the French by Sam Taylor.
- Novels & stories 1942-1963 : The company she keeps ; The oasis ; The groves of academe ; A charmed life ; Stories / Mary McCarthy ; Thomas Mallon, editor.
- Novels 1963-1979 : The group ; Birds of America ; Cannibals and missionaries / Mary McCarthy ; Thomas Mallon, editor.