March 2017 New Books
Business and AIM
- Manus x machina : fashion in an age of technology / Andrew Bolton ; photographs by Nicholas Alan Cope.
- Caught : the prison state and the lockdown of American politics / Marie Gottschalk ; with a new preface by the author.
P.E. and Recreation.
- 1919, the year of racial violence : how African Americans fought back / David F. Krugler, University of Wisconsin, Platteville.
- The fierce urgency of now : Lyndon Johnson, Congress, and the battle for the Great Society / Julian E. Zelizer.
- Foundations of Atlantis, ancient astronauts and other alternative pasts : 148 documents cited by writers of fringe history, translated with annotations / edited by Jason Colavito.
- We the people : the modern-day figures who have reshaped and affirmed the Founding Fathers’ vision of America / Juan Williams.
- Why you can’t teach United States history without American Indians / edited by Susan Sleeper-Smith, Juliana Barr, Jean M. O’Brien, Nancy Shoemaker, and Scott Manning Stevens.
Language and Literature
- The Cambridge Old English reader / Richard Marsden, School of English Studies, University of Nottingham.
- Wait till I’m dead : uncollected poems / Allen Ginsberg ; edited by Bill Morgan ; with a foreword by Rachel Zucker.
- Writing through Jane Crow : race and gender politics in African American literature / Ayesha K. Hardison.
Math and Natural Sciences
- A naturalist’s guide to wetland plants : an ecology for eastern North America / Donald D. Cox ; illustrations by Shirley A. Peron.
- Common spiders of North America / Richard A. Bradley ; illustrations by Steve Buchanan ; sponsored by the American Arachnological Society.
- National Geographic field guide to the trees of North America / by Keith Rushforth and Charles Hollis.
Religion and Philosophy
- Latino America : how America’s most dynamic population is poised to transform the politics of the nation / Matt Barreto and Gary M. Segura.
- The Port Huron statement : sources and legacies of the New Left’s founding manifesto / edited by Richard Flacks and Nelson Lichtenstein.
- The qualitative vision for psychology : an invitation to a human science approach / edited by Constance T. Fischer, Leswin Laubscher & Roger Brooke.
- The roots of goodness and resistance to evil : inclusive caring, moral courage, altruism born of suffering, active bystandership, and heroism / Ervin Staub.
- The Donkey Lady fights La Llorona : and other stories / Xavier Garza = La Senora Asno se enfrenta a La Llorona y otros cuentos / Xavier Garza.