March 2018 New Books
Business and AIM
- #AskGaryVee : one entrepreneur’s take on leadership, social media, & self-awareness / Gary Vaynerchuk.
- A history of the United States in five crashes : stock market meltdowns that defined a nation / Scott Nations.
- Darkroom dynamics : a guide to creative darkroom techniques : 35th Anniversary annotated reissue / Jim Stone, editor.
- Josephine Baker / art by Catel Muller ; written by José-Louis Bocquet ; historical consultant, Jean-Claude Bouillon-Baker.
- Southern accent : seeking the American South in contemporary art / edited by Miranda Lash, Trevor Schoonmaker ; contributions by Diego Camposeco [and twenty-two others].
- After Aquarius dawned : how the revolutions of the sixties became the popular culture of the seventies / Judy Kutulas.
- It’s my country too : women’s military stories from the American Revolution to Afghanistan / edited by Jerri Bell & Tracy Crow ; foreword by Kayla Williams.
- Never call me a hero : a legendary American dive-bomber pilot remembers the Battle of Midway / N. Jack “Dusty” Kleiss, with Timothy and Laura Orr.
- Reconstruction’s ragged edge : the politics of postwar life in the southern mountains / Steven E. Nash.
- Three minutes to doomsday : an agent, a traitor, and the worst espionage breach in US history / Joe Navarro.
Language and Literature
- Documenting the undocumented : latino/a narratives and social justice in the era of Operation Gatekeeper / Marta Caminero-Santangelo.
- More alive and less lonely : on books and writers / Jonathan Lethem ; edited and with an introduction by Christopher Boucher.
- Pushcart prize XLII, 2018 : best of the small presses / edited by Bill Henderson ; with the Pushcart prize editors.
Math and Natural Sciences
- Audubon : on the wings of the world / Fabien Grolleau & Jérémie Royer ; translated by Etienne Gilfillan.
- Bumble bees of North America : an identification guide / Paul H. Williams, Robbin W. Thorp, Leif L. Richardson & Sheila R. Colla.
- The trees of North America : Michaux and Redouté’s American masterpiece / volume editors, Susan M. Fraser and Sally Armstrong Leone.
P.E. and Recreation
- Out in sport : the experiences of openly gay and lesbian athletes in competitive sport / Eric Anderson, Rory Magrath and Rachael Bullingham.
- Weight training without injury : over 350 step-by-step pictures including what not to do! / Fred Stellabotte, Rachel Straub, MS, CSCS.
Religion and Philosophy
- Gender roles and the people of God : rethinking what we were taught about men and women in the church / Alice Mathews.
- Fighting king coal : the challenges to micromobilization in central Appalachia / Shannon Elizabeth Bell.
- The gift / Marcel Mauss ; selected, annotated, and translated by Jane I. Guyer ; foreword by Bill Maurer.
- Immigrant and refugee children and families : culturally responsive practice / Alan J. Dettlaff and Rowena Fong, editors.
- The long reach of the Sixties : LBJ, Nixon, and the making of the contemporary Supreme Court / Laura Kalman.
- Mexican migration to the United States : perspectives from both sides of the border / edited by Harriett D. Romo and Olivia Mogollon-Lopez.
- Psychodynamic treatment of depression / Fredric N. Busch, M.D., Marie Rudden, M.D., Theodore Shapiro, M.D.
- Girl running : Bobbi Gibb and the Boston Marathon / Annette Bay Pimentel ; illustrated by Micha Archer.