July/August 2017 New Books
Business and AIM
- Stop and frisk : the use and abuse of a controversial policing tactic / Michael D. White and Henry F. Fradella.
- College majors handbook : with real career paths and payoffs : the actual jobs, earnings, and trends for graduates of 50 college majors / Neeta P. Fogg [and others].
- Days of rage : America’s radical underground, the FBI, and the forgotten age of revolutionary violence / Bryan Burrough.
- Doughboys on the Great War : how american soldiers viewed their military experience / Edward A. Gutiérrez.
- In the shadow of Cortés : conversations along the route of conquest / Kathleen Ann Myers ; translations by Pablo García Loaeza and Grady C. Wray.
- March. Book three / written by John Lewis and Andrew Aydin ; art by Nate Powell ; edited by Leigh Walton.
- National Geographic guide to national parks of the United States / photography by Phil Schermeister.
Language and Literature
- I am not your Negro : a major motion picture directed by Raoul Peck / from texts by James Baldwin ; compiled and edited by Raoul Peck.
Math and Natural Sciences
- Cracking the cube : going slow to go fast and other unexpected turns in the world of competitive Rubik’s Cube solving / Ian Scheffler.
- Into the black : the extraordinary untold story of the first flight of the space shuttle Columbia and the men who flew her / Rowland White.
- Denying to the grave : why we ignore the facts that will save us / Sara E. Gorman, PhD, MPH, Jack M. Gorman, MD.
Religion and Philosophy
- A house full of females : plural marriage and women’s rights in early Mormonism, 1835-1870 / Laurel Thatcher Ulrich.
- Gospel parallels : a comparison of the Synoptic Gospels : with alternative readings from the manuscripts and noncanonical parallels / edited by Burton H. Throckmorton, Jr.
- Handbook of child psychology and developmental science, 4 volumes / Richard M. Lerner, editor-in-chief.
- The Oxford handbook of child psychological assessment / edited by Donald H. Saklofske, Cecil R. Reynolds, Vicki L. Schwean.
- Sixty : a diary of my sixty-first year : the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning? / Ian Brown.