January 2018 New Books
- The ceramic presence in modern art : selections from the Linda Leonard Schlenger Collection and the Yale University Art Gallery / Sequoia Miller ; with an essay by John Stuart Gordon.
- The evolution of type : a graphic guide to 100 landmark typefaces : examining letters from metal type to open type / Tony Seddon ; foreword by Stephen Coles.
- Good charts : the HBR guide to making smarter, more persuasive data visualizations / Scott Berinato.
- Storytelling art studio : visual expressions of character, mood and theme using mixed media / Cathy Nichols.
- A knock on the door : the essential history of residential schools / from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada ; foreword by Phil Fontaine.
- The life and work of John C. Campbell / Olive Dame Campbell ; edited by Elizabeth McCutchen Williams.
Language and Literature
- Collected poems, 1991-2000 / John Ashbery ; Mark Ford, editor ; chronology by Mark Ford and David Kermani.
- Critical survey of poetry : British, Irish, and Commonwealth poets, 3 volumes / editor, Rosemary M. Canfield Reisman.
- In the words of the winners : the Newbery and Caldecott medals, 2001-2010 / Association for Library Service to Children, the Horn Book.
- Living on paper : letters from Iris Murdoch 1934-1995 / Iris Murdoch ; edited by Avril Horner and Anne Rowe.
- Reflections on the New River : new essays, poems and personal stories / edited by Chris Arvidson, Scot Pope and Julie E. Townsend.
- Sophocles : four tragedies : Oedipus the King, Aias, Philoctetes, Oedipus at Colonus / a new verse translation by Oliver Taplin.
Math and Natural Sciences
- Coming of age at the end of nature : a generation faces living on a changed planet / edited by Julie Dunlap & Susan A. Cohen ; foreword by Bill McKibben.
- Remaking the American patient : how Madison Avenue and modern medicine turned patients into consumers / Nancy Tomes.
P.E. and Recreation
- Sex segregation in sports : why separate is not equal / Adrienne N. Milner and Jomills Henry Braddock, II.
Religion and Philosophy
- Handbook of women biblical interpreters : a historical and biographical guide / Marion Ann Taylor, editor ; Agnes Choi, associate editor.
- The mind illuminated : a complete meditation guide integrating Buddhist wisdom and brain science for greater mindfulness / Culadasa (John Yates, PhD) and Matthew Immergut, PhD, with Jeremy Graves.
- A very expensive poison : the assassination of Alexander Litvinenko and Putin’s war with the West / Luke Harding.
- The age of scientific sexism : how evolutionary psychology promotes gender profiling and fans the battle of the sexes / Mari Ruti.
- Exiting the extraordinary : returning to the ordinary world after war, prison, and other extraordinary experiences / Frances V. Moulder.
- Getting gamers : the psychology of video games and their impact on the people who play them / Jamie Madigan.
- Inside campaigns : elections through the eyes of political professionals / William J. Feltus, Kenneth M. Goldstein, Matthew Dallek.
- The UN Security Council in the twenty-first century / edited by Sebastian von Einsiedel, David M. Malone, Bruno Stagno Ugarte.
- Best American short stories 2017 / selected from U.S. and Canadian magazines by Meg Wolitzer with Heidi Pitlor.