August/September 2019 New Books
- Law enforcement in the age of Black Lives Matter : policing black and brown bodies / edited by Sandra E. Weissinger and Dwayne A. Mack.
- Is everyone really equal? : an introduction to key concepts in social justice education / Özlem Sensoy and Robin DiAngelo.
- Raising and educating a deaf child : a comprehensive guide to the choices, controversies, and decisions faced by parents and educators / Marc Marschark.
- Teach like Finland : 33 simple strategies for joyful classrooms / Timothy D. Walker ; foreword by Pasi Sahlberg.
- Black out : silhouettes then and now / Asma Naeem ; with contributions by Penley Knipe, Alexander Nemerov, Gwendolyn DuBois Shaw, and Anne Verplanck.
Health, Human Performance and Recreation
- College athletes’ rights and well-being : critical perspectives on policy and practice / edited by Eddie Comeaux.
- Mindful sport performance enhancement : mental training for athletes and coaches / Keith A. Kaufman, Carol R. Glass, Timothy R. Pineau.
- A world to win : the life and works of Karl Marx / Sven-Eric Liedman ; translated by Jeffrey N. Skinner.
- Anne Frank’s diary : the graphic adaptation / Anne Frank ; adapted by Ari Folman ; illustrations by David Polonsky.
- Coup : the day the Democrats ousted their governor, put Republican Lamar Alexander in office early, and stopped a pardon scandal / Keel Hunt ; with a newly discovered account of the events by Lamar Alexander.
- The history of modern Spain : chronologies, themes, individuals / edited by Adrian Shubert and José Álvarez Junco.
Language and Literature
- The Cambridge companion to Latin American poetry / edited by Stephen Malcolm Hart, University College, London.
- Migrating fictions : gender, race, and citizenship in U.S. internal displacements / Abigail G.H. Manzella.
Math and Natural Sciences
- Veer ecology : a companion for environmental thinking / Jeffrey Jerome Cohen and Lowell Duckert, editors ; foreword by Cheryll Glotfelty ; afterword by Nicholas Royle.
- Writing undergraduate lab reports : a guide for students / Christopher S. Lobban, University of Guam, Maria Schefter, University of Guam.
- The Oxford handbook of stigma, discrimination, and health / edited by Brenda Major, John F. Dovidio, Bruce G. Link.
- Specimen science : ethics and policy implications / edited by Holly Fernandez Lynch, Barbara E. Bierer, I. Glenn Cohen, and Suzanne M. Rivera.
Religion and Philosophy
- Appalachia in regional context : place matters / edited by Dwight B. Billings and Ann E. Kingsolver.
- The first twenty-five : an oral history of the desegregation of Little Rock’s public junior high schools / edited by Laverne Bell-Tolliver.
- How to change your mind : what the new science of psychedelics teaches us about consciousness, dying, addiction, depression, and transcendence / Michael Pollan.
- Mexican-origin foods, foodways, and social movements : decolonial perspectives / edited by Devon G. Peña, Luz Calvo, Pancho McFarland, and Gabriel R. Valle.
- Political handbook of the world, 2018-2019, 2 volumes / edited by Tom Lansford ; associate editors Jorge Brown, John Callahan, David Harms Holt, Wayne F. Lesperance Jr., Robert J. Pauly Jr.
- At the end of the century / the stories of Ruth Prawer Jhabvala ; with an introduction by Anita Desai.