April/May 2019 New Books
Business and AIM
- How leaders improve : a playbook for leaders who want to get better now / John Gates, PhD, Jeff Graddy, PhD, and Sacha Lindekens, PhD.
- Deadly justice : a statistical portrait of the death penalty / Frank R. Baumgartner, Marty Davidson, Kaneesha R. Johnson, Arvind Krishnamurthy, Colin P. Wilson.
- Intellectual disability and the death penalty : current issues and controversies / Marc J. Tassé and John H. Blume.
- México 1900-1950 : Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo, José Clemente Orozco and the avant-garde / edited by Agustín Arteaga.
- Which side are you on? : 20th century American history in 100 protest songs / James Sullivan ; foreword by Reverend Lennox Yearwood and Bill McKibben.
- A chill in the air : an Italian war diary, 1939-1940 / Iris Origo ; introduction by Lucy Hughes-Hallett ; afterword by Katia Lysy.
- The long Civil War in the north Georgia mountains : Confederate nationalism, sectionalism, and White supremacy in Bartow County, Georgia / Keith S. Hébert.
- Nation branding in modern history / edited by Carolin Viktorin, Jessica C.E. Gienow-Hecht, Annika Estner, Marcel K. Will.
- Race, place, and memory : deep currents in Wilmington, North Carolina / Margaret M. Mulrooney ; foreword by Paul A. Shackel.
- Trauma in first person : diary writing during the Holocaust / Amos Goldberg ; translated from Hebrew by Shmuel Sermoneta-Gertel and Avner Greenberg.
- The Vietnam War : an intimate history / Geoffrey C. Ward ; based on a documentary film by Ken Burns & Lynn Novick ; with an introduction by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick.
- War in Val d’Orcia : an Italian war diary, 1943-1944 / Iris Origo ; introduction by Virginia Nicholson.
Language and Literature
- Teaching the works of Eudora Welty : twenty-first-century approaches / edited by Mae Miller Claxton and Julia Eichelberger.
- Telling the stories right : Wendell Berry’s imagination of Port William / edited by Jack R. Baker and Jeffrey Bilbro.
Math and Natural Sciences
- Reading Lacan’s Écrits : from “Signification of the Phallus” to “Metaphor of the subject” / edited by Stijn Vanheule, Derek Hook and Calum Neill.
- LGBTQ-inclusive hospice and palliative care : a practical guide to transforming professional practice / Kimberly D. Acquaviva.
- Raising government children : a history of foster care and the American welfare state / Catherine E. Rymph.
- John Updike : novels, 1959-1965 : The Poorhouse Fair; Rabbit, Run; The Centaur; Of the Farm / Christopher Carduff, editor.